Board Meeting this Saturday, August 15th at 10:30 am via ZOOM followed immediately by a Meet the Candidate Forum.
HICA Board of Trustees Regular Meeting
8/15/2020, 10:30 A.M.
- Call meeting to order at 10:30 A.M. via Zoon
- Approve the minutes for the Regular Board meeting on 7/18/2020, and the Special Board meeting on 8/4/2020
- Legal Report, if any.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Island Manager’s Report.
- Discussion about a COVID-19 Matrix for decision making process for approving activities on Hat Island.
- Request from the HIYC to had a ‘drive in’ movie night on the Golf Course.
- Committee Reports if any.
- Community Input.
- Adjourn for Candidates’ Forum.
Here is the information to logon to the meeting:
Hat Island Community Association is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: August 2020, Board of Trustees Meeting and Meet the Candidate Forum
Time: Aug 15, 2020 10:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 818 5575 3656
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,81855753656#,,,,,,0#,,8675309# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,81855753656#,,,,,,0#,,8675309# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
Meeting ID: 818 5575 3656
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kl6KQBrSg
I DIDN’T KNOW THAT!
We will be starting a new addition to our Community Updates called, I didn’t know that! We hope to shine a light on some island rules and interests for you that perhaps you didn’t know! Let’s start with ferry cargo! We’ve been able to allow a lot of cargo on the Hat Express this past year with lower numbers due to COVID-19. In late Fall we will be welcoming the new ferry. The new ferry will not hold the cargo that the Hat Express does. To help prepare owners for the transition we will be enforcing the rules already in existence on the Hat Express.
These rules and regulations are posted on the Hat Island website (https://www.hatisland.org/wp-content/uploads/library/ferry/2017_hat_express_rules.pdf), however the document is large and we hope to break it down a bit for better understanding. One rule at a time should be the motto of
I didn’t know that!
Let’s talk general luggage. A maximum of 10 cubic feet per passenger is maximum allowed. There are examples of what 10 cubic feet of cargo looks like on the website. This page doesn’t allow us to post pictures at this time. Passengers exceeding 10 cubic feet will incur a cargo fee. This fee will be determined by the total volume of excess cargo. A Cargo fee is a minimum charge of $5.00.
Just a few reminders where the island stands regarding restrictions due to COVID-19.
- Only owners and their families can currently ride the ferry.
- No guest boats in the marina.
- The public restrooms are closed.
- The playground is currently closed.
Community Events sponsored by the Hat Island Yacht and Golf Club will take place this weekend.
The Hat Island Garden Committee will host tours of the garden on Saturday, July 4th at 4:00pm
New Ferry Reservation
The new ferry reservation system, Bookeo, is ready for its trial run. Starting with our June sailings, reservations must be made on Bookeo. If you have reservations on Square in June and beyond, you must reschedule on Bookeo.
If you are using coupons make sure to change the passenger number to ZERO and enter the amount of riders under coupons!
If you decide to change your reservation, you can simply edit it! No need to cancel and rebook!
Some notes about the reservation system:
- Only owners can reserve space on the ferry.
- Owners need an email account on file to register. We used the emails we have in our bookkeeping system. If we don’t have your email address on file and you would like an account to make ferry reservations, please email the Hat Island office at email@example.com we will get you set up.
- Owners will need to make the reservations for their guests.
- Please remember at this time only owners, their spouse/partner, dependent children, other dependents living in the household, grandchildren, grandparents and siblings are allowed to ride the ferry due to COVID-19. Your login in information is password protected.
- This is a prepay system and there is a 24 hr. cancellation system in place. If you cancel after 24 hours there will be a $1 service fee.
2020 Hat Express Proposed Rates
Single Passage Rates
Adult Passenger $9.00
Youth Passenger (7-18) $5.00
Child (0-6) $2.00
Pet (in a carrier) $3.00
Pet (not in a carrier) $6.00
Adult Commuter Fare Books $180
Youth 7-18 Commuter Fare Books $100
Child (to 6 years) Commuter Fare Books $40
Cage Pet Commuter Fare Books $60
Un-Caged Pet Commuter Fare Books $120
Hat Island, WE CAN DO THIS!